Selling your produce to schools can be challenging but offers many rewards!
There is a growing awareness to the benefits of local foods and eating seasonally. Would you like to see your harvest in schools? If so, connect with the Food Service Director at the school/s nearest you to learn what their needs and requirements are. Consider visiting the school/s to talk about your produce or invite students to visit your farm.
- Connect to schools by adding your farm to the Iowa Farm to School directory of farms.
- Access Farm to School Training Templates Navigating the System: Selling your farm products to schools and Farmers as Educators: How to teach the next generation of eaters that include customizable PowerPoint, speaker notes, handouts and evaluation form.
Completed Farm to School food safety checklists from Iowa Valley region farms
- Earth Biscuit – Tipton, IA
- Morgan Creek Fresh Produce – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Northern Ridge Berry Farm – Oxford, IA